Members of our technical support team are responsible for handling calls and e-mail requests from customers seeking assistance with our Risk Management and Property & Casualty insurance web-based applications. Our technical support analysts use their software and computer knowledge combined with their Risk Management and P &C knowledge to provide timely and accurate solutions.
We look for results-oriented people who have initiative, a good attitude, strong technical and analytical skills, the ability to learn quickly, a willingness to succeed, and who truly enjoy helping people.
This position is with our Ebix Risk division based in Grove City, Ohio. No relocation package will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Support Analyst will develop a strong understanding of Ebix’s products to effectively troubleshoot issues and provide accurate solutions to our customers. Throughout the client engagement, the Technical Support Analyst will:
- Receive, document, and resolve customer issues using the internal ticketing system.
- Work to exceed customers’ expectations and create a positive customer perception of the Ebix organization through timely responses, follow-through, and suitable solutions.
- Serve as the sole point of contact for application issues that cannot be resolved during the first communication (call or e-mail). This may involve escalating the issue to the appropriate department, senior technician, or manager, and continued follow up until issue is resolved.
- Communicate regularly with senior staff, management, or other departments to minimize production disruptions and ensure proper attention to unresolved issues.
- Monitor servers and logs daily to proactively identify errors and/or work flow interruptions. Promptly fix issues or communicate to the appropriate department for correction.
- Design and document plans for correction for use with future errors.
- Implement WCIRS, set up new customers, and train customers on application.
- Provide training and/or implementation assistance when required.
- Identify potential sales and upgrade opportunities, make recommendations for solutions, and submit to our sales team.
- Be familiar with all applications, including legacy applications, to ensure prompt support is available to all clients.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as assigned.
- Time Management:
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising service
- Deliver prompt and timely service
- Escalate where appropriate to ensure timely resolution for clients
- Review relevant information and probe for addtional information to evaluate and develop solutions
- Isolate and solve problems quickly and methodically
- Identify steps and design a plan necessary to resolve issues
- Consider the costs and benefits of various solutions to determine the most appropriate solution for the individual client needs
- Employ active listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Articulate issues, solutions, training, etc. for full client understanding
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products (Internet Explorer, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Possess a basic understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Learn new software quickly and easily
- Be an independent self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Be willing to travel if necessary
High School diploma. Advanced degree in technology, business, or a complementary discipline, preferred.
Technical support and customer services experience a plus.
Share This Job: